The Georgia Academy of General Dentistry’s mission is to provide quality continuing education in the spirit of lifelong learning and commitment to the best possible patient care. Georgia's Goals for Continuing Education:
- Keep patient care and safety as the top priority by delivering continuing education programs and constituent communications that consistently promote and adhere to the highest clinical and ethical standards in dentistry.
- Continuously monitor changes in regulations and recommendations that would require dental professionals to obtain continuing education in specific areas, and provide high quality, comprehensive educational programs to address these needs.
- Become the leading dental professional organization in Georgia by providing exceptional, sought-after educational activities and continuously seeking to improve quality and professional relevance of these programs.
Upcoming Continuing Education Courses & Events:
Albany Regional Meeting
Friday, November 11, 2016
Darton State College, Albany
"Forensic Dentistry and Mass Disasters"
Instructor: Richard A. Weems, DMD, MS, DABFO
Register Online Today
Victim identification in cases of homicide or accidental death often requires the analysis and comparison of antemortem and postmortem clinical and radiographic dental findings. Due to great loss of life, mass disasters take this task to an even higher level of difficulty and impact. In this course, Dr. Weems will discuss his work involving interesting forensic cases including mass disasters such as the World Trade Center and Hurricane Katrina.
- Understand principles of dental identifications
- Understand the techniques and equipment needed to identify human remains in mass disasters
About the Instructor:
Dr. Weems is a past forensic dental consultant to the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences and currently serves as the Chief Forensic Dentist for the Jefferson County (Alabama) Coroner/Medical Examiner's Office.
Track Your Continued Education Credits through the Academy of General Dentistry. View your online CE Transcript. Continuing Education/Track CE
The Georgia Academy of General Dentistry is designated as an approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by AGD for Fellowship, Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from 11/1/2015 to 10/31/2021. Provider #219296.