The Georgia Academy of General Dentistry’s mission is to provide quality continuing education in the spirit of lifelong learning and commitment to the best possible patient care. Georgia's Goals for Continuing Education:
- Keep patient care and safety as the top priority by delivering continuing education programs and constituent communications that consistently promote and adhere to the highest clinical and ethical standards in dentistry.
- Continuously monitor changes in regulations and recommendations that would require dental professionals to obtain continuing education in specific areas, and provide high quality, comprehensive educational programs to address these needs.
- Become the leading dental professional organization in Georgia by providing exceptional, sought-after educational activities and continuously seeking to improve quality and professional relevance of these programs.
Upcoming Continuing Education Courses & Events:
Topics in Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
Presented by: Rafik Abdelsayed, DDS, MS
Friday, August 22, 2014 | Athens, GA
Albany Regional Meeting
Registration table will be set up next to Room 101's entrance. Onsite registration will be available.
Behind the J Building (Allied Health/Community Services/Theatre) in visitor or student parking. Please be sure to not park in Faculty Staff parking.
Coffee will be provided; lunch is on your own.
Friday, October 31, 2014
Registration 8:30am - 9:00am
Program 9:00am - 4:00pm
Darton State College
Building B, Room 101
2400 Gillionville Road
Albany, GA 31707
Christopher Cutler, DDS, PhD
Cristiano Susin, DDS, MSD, PhD
6 hours lecture credit
Register Online Today Download / Print Registration Form
Peri-Implant Infections: Threats and Opportunities (3 hr)
Cristiano Susin, DDS, MSD, PhD
Dental implants have achieved great popularity in recent years and have become the de facto standard intervention to treat patients with missing teeth. Whereas long-term survival rates of 90% or more have been reported for modern dental implants, two types of peri-implant infections have been recognized. Peri-implant mucositis is defined as the presence of a reversible inflammatory response in the mucosa surrounding an implant and peri-implantitis is characterized by alveolar bone loss that in its final stages may lead to complete loss of osseointegration. The epidemiology of peri-implantitis is largely unknown but recent literature suggests that an important percentage of subjects and dental implants might be affected. Studies have identified few factors that increase the likelihood of peri-implantitis and risk-based preventive measures have been proposed. This course will review the current knowledge on peri-implant diseases including the epidemiology, etiology, risk factors, clinical consequences and possible treatment options for peri-implant infections.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants will have:
- A comprehensive review of the epidemiology and risk factors for peri-implant infections
- An evidence-basedreview ofpreventive strategies and treatment options for peri-implantitis
GAGD hosts the MADOW BROTHERS
Love Dentistry, Have Fun, and Prosper
A course for the entire office!
Friday, April 17th, 2015
Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia
Would you like to learn the simple proven secrets that could easily and predictably take your dental practice to a level you never thought possible? Then don’t miss Dr. Richard Madow and Dr. David Madow, (The Madow Brothers) when they present their now famous "Love Dentistry, Have Fun, and Prosper" seminar!
Thank you to all attendees and participants of the 2013 Early Career Dentist Symposium!
Track Your Continued Education Credits through the Academy of General Dentistry. View your online CE Transcript. Continuing Education/Track CE
The Georgia Academy of General Dentistry is designated as an approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by AGD for Fellowship, Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from 11/1/2011 to 10/31/2015. Provider #219296.